Educator of the Year/Helping Hands Awards Guidelines & RequirementsPosted: October 31, 2013
Educator of the Year/Helping Hands Awards
Guidelines & Requirements
- The nominees for the Educator of the Year Award must be certified educators, while the Helping Hands Award is open to anyone else, such as parents or staff members at your school that are not teachers.
- In November, decide how you would like to solicit nominations. Start getting the word out that it’s time for people to submit nominations. Anyone—parents, students, teachers, other staff—can submit their nominations for favorite teacher and favorite volunteer or helper and why. Please make your criteria clear when asking for these nominations from your school community. Also, preschool teachers are eligible for submission from LECPTA.
- Once all nominations have been collected, each unit needs to select 1 nominee in each category from all of their entries as the winners. Those 2 people are then asked fill out the form available from the Ohio PTA website (visit www.ohiopta.org/programs, then click the Awards tab) to submit to Council.
- Those forms are due to Council by February 1st. Council will then choose one nominee from each grade-level (Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle, and High School ) to honor at Installation in May and 1 overall winner to send to District 11, which includes Lakewood and other inner ring suburbs.
- District 11 will then choose one nominee from each category to send on to the Ohio PTA by March 1st.
- Each unit is free to recognize their winner in some way at their individual school/unit because not every teacher or volunteer will be recognized by Council.